Wednesday, 12 November 2008

O aluno autónomo



Lifelong learning is education for the future: learning to be, to know, to live together and to do.
For example, in our English class you should not only learn how to read, write, speak and listen to all kinds of texts dealing with a variety of themes, but also 'learn how to learn' English on your own so that you will continue to improve your language skills when the English teacher is not around.
1. Write three things you have learned in our class - 10th and 11th grade - that may help you learn how to learn.
2. Write a caption for the picture.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't remember much about the 10th and 11th grade... I didn't particularly like my teacher.
I really don't know what I learnt... but I must have learnt something...

Filipa 2B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Filipa 2B said...

I see lifelong learning as being a path on which we learn how to become not only a develop individual but also an individual that is able to adapt to every kind of work environment by learning the skills required for it. Basically it`s all about having an education which provides you all that`s necessary for the future (professionally mainly).

During the last two years, in my English class, I learnt a couple of things which will help me and my classmates to become autonomous learners or lifelong learners if you prefer.

For example, since the tenth grade every student in my class started working in a portfolio which showcases all of each one`s work and it also features some worksheets that contain useful information about several themes, from grammar to how to write properly a certain type of text (persuasive, argumentative,...). The portfolio allows us not only to be autonomous in the future but it also teaches us how to organize and select the most important works to present, since it is going to be a determined document in the future as well as the CV (Curriulum Vitae).

Also while doing group work we play several roles, like being the leader and so on, and it helps us not only to develop a sense of organization and responsibility but also to learn how to interact with others no matter their backgrounds or culture differences.

From my point of view, one of the most important things in order to become a lifelong learner is to be awared that no one knows everything because we live in an always evolving world where new techniques, gadgets and knowledge emerge every single day.